So... your mail has been migrated! what now?
Getting access to your email
The new Exchange email system can be accessed by clicking on the Login to Staff Email button on the main page at http://mail.sunderland.ac.uk
Instructions for configuring email clients are available from https://mail.sunderland.ac.uk/help
Transferring your old email
If you would like your old email to be automagically transferred from the old hermes email system to the new Exchange email system please goto http://imapsync.sunderland.ac.uk (only available from on-campus). You will be asked to enter your username and password and your mailbox will be added to the queue to be transferred.
Transferring your diary
Please Note: in order to import your exported diary you will need Microsoft Outlook 2007, if you require any assistance with this please contact the ITS Service Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to hermes calendar at http://hermes.sunderland.ac.uk:8080
- Click on Options
- Click on Export
- Select the calendars you want to export and add them to the list on the right
- Select the iCal export format and check the Outlook format check box
- Click export and you will be asked to save a file, save this file to your Desktop
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Navigate to your Calendar
- Click on File, Import and Export
- Select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) and click Next
- Select the iCal file you just exported from your Desktop
- It will then import the entries from the export file (give it time to synchronise the entries up to Exchange)
Transferring your contacts
If you have any contacts stored within the Hermes webmail, please contact the ITS Service Desk email@example.com and they will be able to export these for you.
Where to Get Help
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk.